VILLAGE MONDE supports the development of village tourism by promoting accommodations in remote villages outside of the traditional tourist circuits, while respecting the environment and local populations. Learn more about village tourism.
This new form of equitable and solidarity tourism values authentic hospitality and encounters between local communities and the traveler.
As a consequence of their visit and stay in these village accommodations, travelers contribute direct and sustainable benefits to the host communities.
All accommodations or destinations that meet the criteria can benefit from our collaborative platform dedicated to its promotion. Propose a new destination.
VILLAGE MONDE has also introduced an accreditation process and label for each destination that evaluates:
- Quality of accommodation and amenities;
- Potential activities;
- Change of scenery, accessibility, and remoteness;
- Authenticity and sharing;
- Quality and protection of the environment;
- Socio-economic benefits for the community;
- Autonomy, pride, and equity;
- Hospitality and management.
Our destinations are classified according to 4 types of accommodation: Rustic, Village, Comfort, and Homestay. Each destination is visited, evaluated, and validated by VILLAGE MONDE or our Explorer Friends.